Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's almost the end!!!

I can't believe that my last semester is almost over before I begin student teaching!  Life seems to be going so fast.  Though this writing class has flew by there is so many wonderful things that I am going to take with me into my future career.  First of all I never realized how much I could integrate technology into writing and how powerful this could possibly be for my students.  I guess I am somewhat old school and am not to great with technology but I have learned a lot just from being in this class.  I have never used a blog before but I can see how powerful this could be to use for my students.  I think it could take their writing to a level beyond just writing for a grade.  Providing a way for students to share their writing will make their writing meaningful and valued.  I have also learned so much about what writing instruction should be about.  Before this class I guess I viewed writing instruction and writing workshop as teaching a process led by writing prompts.  I now realize that writing workshop can be so much more.  I think it is wonderful to give children the opportunity to write about what they want to write about and to incorporate multiple genres in their writing.  I feel allowing students to write about topics that are meaningful to them will help them become better writers and truly know the real purpose behind why we write.  We write to have our messages heard.  By allowing students to learn to write about topics that are meaningful to them will help them realize the potential power they have to change our world for the better!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you've seen the possibilities in blogging and in the workshop as a whole. i do think that the writing children do matters and can change their lives and the world at large. I know you will do amazing things with your students!

    Thanks for all you've shared here.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete